TERMS & CONDITIONS
In the following terms & conditions “the photographer” shall mean Denise Bouffier trading as La Bouffier Photography. The Client: Any person, body of persons, firm, or Company with whom the Photographer enters into a contract for the sale of goods or provision of services by the Photographer.
The copyright Designs and Patents Acts assign the copyright of the images to the photographer.
The client(s) hereby allow(s) the photographer to display any photograph covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, sample albums etc.
3. CREATIVE LICENSE, COVERAGE AND REPRODUCTION
1. Photographs taken during the course of the event will be at the discretion of the photographer although every effort will be made to comply with the clients requirements.
2. Special requests are not binding instruction, although every effort is made to comply with the client's wishes. The Photographer/s will do their best to honour the requested photographs but do not undertake to guarantee any specific picture nor incorporate any specific background, location or group arrangements due to changes in weather an the availability and willingness of subjects.
3. For a wedding photography booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer's movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer's choice and the photographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
4. Due to a variety of lighting conditions and the limitations of digital sensors, some colours may alter throughout a set of photographs.
5. Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure.
The Client agrees that the agreed package cost is to be paid prior to the shoot taking place, and that all payments for prints, albums and other products are to be paid at the time of ordering. La Bouffier Photography accepts cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
5. FORCE MAJEURE
1. In the very unlikely events of cancellation by the photographer or of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of any fees paid.
2. The photographer will endeavour to put the client(s) in touch with another photographer in the event they are unable to attend on the wedding date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding, traffic conditions, vehicle breakdown etc.
6. DIGITAL NEGATIVE FILES
1. All digital negatives (computer files) remain the property of the photographer. All digital packages include a copy of the edited digital negatives to the client(s) for their own non-commercial use.
2. Should the digital negative files be lost, damaged of destroyed for the reasons beyond control, the photographers liability shall be limited to a full refund of any deposits and fees paid, but shall not include a refund for any goods already received.
7. PERSONAL ACCIDENT
Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at said persons own risk. The photographer cannot be
held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot.
8. CANCELLATION FEES
As a result, once a booking is Confirmed, if it is subsequently cancelled, a cancellation fee will be charged to the client according to the following schedule:
When a client cancels a confirmed booking within 10 business days of any confirmed date, an administration fee of $ 20.00 will be charged; When a client cancels photography within less than 10 days business of any confirmed date, a fee of 20% of the booked time rate will be charged. In addition to this cancellation fee, the client will be charged for any expenses already incurred by La Bouffier Photography.
The photographer will endeavour to deliver digital negative files as quickly as possible. However this could take up to approximately 2 weeks during busy periods.
10. SOCIAL MEDIA
It is understandable that the Client might want to post their new photographs on the Internet via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and/or any other social media outlets. This agreement will serve to allow posting low-resolution or high-resolution photos to social media sites, only in the case that La Bouffier Photography is credited and that photos are NOT altered with editing or filters. Additionally, it is understood that the client will NOT remove, or have removed, watermarks from Internet images La Bouffier Photography has uploaded to Facebook or her website, or from the low-resolution images offered for free to clients who have purchased prints. The Client and family members can purchase photographs that do not have a watermark.
You are permitted to click the “share” button on any photos posted to La Bouffier Photography’s facebook page. Sharing can NOT be done via screen shots of photos on Facebook or the Proofing gallery.